Stephen Fry and F. Scott Fitzgerald

"In consequence I'm inclined to reserve all judgements, a habit that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

I have just finished The Great Gatsby.  Fitzgerald's crisp precise writing brought, trotting into my consciousness, like a fawn treading lightly over virgin fallen leaves, the memory of this witty and whimsical Stephen Fry video. Some day, me talk pretty like them, too.

Comments

Scout said…
I read the 'Great Gatsby some years ago, and it's a wonderful book. Gatsby is a much more attractive character that Tom, Daisy and all the fashionable establishment socialites.
Fitzgerald: The rich are different than you and me.
Hemingway: Yes, they have more money.

Popular posts from this blog

“Ok, then it’s agreed. We can build a rocket and all get the hell out of here before any of the problems start.”

DRUNKEN DOWSING

THE DUNNING KRUGER EFFECT - people are to stupid to know they are stupid