The Worst Spaceship Ever Designed for Film


The Rational Cranks is in the middle of the holiday rush.  Another episode of The Late Night Snack is on its way, I promise.  Until then, ladies and gentlemen I present to you, my Sketchup model of the Alpha 7, from Barbarella.  This is my nomination for the WORSE spaceship ever designed for film.  It’s so bad that, it is unclear, in the move, as to which end is the front of the ship. It is so bad that when the ship is preparing to take off, those white spheres, on what I assume are the engines, begin to inflate and deflate in a pulsating rhythm like balloons, RUBBER BALLONS! It made me feel dirty to watch it.  It’s a good thing Jane Fonda was in the movie or else I don’t think I could have gotten through it.  Ironically, with wall to wall shag carpet, a mural of Seurat's Grande Jatte and Circus and a kinetic art computer named Alfie, this abomination contained the BEST spaceship cockpit ever designed for film.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Ok, then it’s agreed. We can build a rocket and all get the hell out of here before any of the problems start.”

DRUNKEN DOWSING

THE DUNNING KRUGER EFFECT - people are to stupid to know they are stupid